1925, the Behrens brothers built a gas station at 14th and
Waterloo Road. This station was the second gas station built
in Cedar Falls. John Rapp, a former employee at the station,
purchased the business in 1966, and operated it until 1990.
When the building
was threatened by new highway construction in 1993, a group
of Cedar Falls citizens, assisted by the city of Cedar Falls,
found a new site for the station and arranged for its move.
In July of 1993, the station was moved to its present location
and opened as a tourist information center.