Church was organized in 1854, and the Rev. McGinnis at the
home of Andrew Mullarky celebrated the first official mass.
The Mullarky family was instrumental in the building of
an official church building, having purchased the land at
the corner of Eighth and Washington for the sole purpose
of donating the land to the church.
By 1857, a small
brick church had been built, and by 1876, it was clear that
a larger church was needed due to the growth in the congregation.
This second structure was torn down in 1915 after being
gutted by fire. The current church was built in 1915 and
dedicated in 1916.